My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

time meant nothing, never would again...


So my dance audition was today.
It. Was. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So okay here's the deal: I'm short. There are lots of tall people at my school. And there were 80 people auditioning!!!!!!!
80 people!!!!!!!! There are only like 300 people in the entire school!!!!!!! Thats more than 1/4 of the school!!!!!!!!
So I'm short, and so is my friend Zoe, and somehow we were pushed to the back of the group. BAD!!!!!!!! So the chick is up there going like "okay so do this thing with your arms for 8 counts, then do this popping thing for 4 counts, then this pose-y thing for 4 more counts, then hop like this, then twist one foot like this, then do the popping thing again but really fast and jerk-y for 8 counts, then this spinning shimmy thing, then this weird hoping shuffle thing, then somethkng that sponebob did once, then more razy spinning and hopping and shuffling, then... LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!"
Excuse me, but WHAT???
No! This is how you do the time warp:
It's just a jump to the left...
and then a step to the ri-i-i-i-ight.
Put your hands on your hips...
and bring your knees in ti-i-ight!
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insa-a-a-a-ane...
LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!!!
Watch this video for an even better idea:


See? I can do THAT time warp perfectly well!!!!! But whatever they were making us do was a thousand times more complicated!!!!!!
Anyways, me and Zoe (whos even shorter than me) couldnt see a thing!!! We only picked up about half of the dance!!!!!
So then we broke into a bunch of groups and went into the hall to practice. I was in group number seven out of eight so we had LOTS of time... and believe me, we put it to good use. We had a kid who is an actual dancer show us how to do it (again) and we went over it with him like ten times, and we practiced it like twenty times, but it was really long and complicated, but we did the best we could, and by the end we could do it looking only somewhat pathetic.
Then came time to actually do it for the people.
So basically heres what happened: we get into the room, and they say "okay, so four of you go in a semi circle around the others, and you all do the eight count arm thing, but then the bac row snaps like this and the front row time warps, then you switch. Okay?" Then I made it through the pose-y part, then I got lost. So I use the mirrored wall to look at Paige, who's looking at Marissa or Miranda or whatever her name was, who's a dancer so I was surprised to see that she was just as lost as me and Paige. We stood there for about thirty seconds, just looking at each other in the mirrors, then we basically started moving our arms and hips randomly, big cheesy smiles on our faces, ad then we faded to the back and let the others go. I have no clue how the did, the only thing I could think was "crap. crap. crap."
My acting and singing audition is tomorrow, and I'm hoping to do really good on those, and that if I do an amazing, fantastic job, that it'll make up (at least somewhat) for my suckish dance audition.
Basically, I need a miracle.
But crazier things have happened...
I'm off to drink some tea with honey and lemon juice. And maybe drink a glass of chocolate milk. No dairy for me tomorrow... Might as well enjoy it while I can.
Please send positive thoughts my way tomorrow around 4:00-4:15 (thats right, I'm staying after for an hour and a half for this audition. The things I do for Rocky). It will be greatley appreciated!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so the dance audition didn't go as you hoped it would, but that doesn't mean they won't take you on as an actress. They can still teach you their twisted version of the Time Warp.

    You're going to own so many faces tomorrow with your singing and acting audition! I shall send happy thoughts and good karma your way tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete