My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dammit, Janet.

So today I had the vocal and acting audition for Rocky Horror. I sang "Somewhere that's green" from "Little shop of horrors".
Here's how that went down:
Okay so I was in a group with two of my friends, and we went over our songs together, and that was okay. I mean, I had to do it a couple of times before it sounded decent, but it ended up sounding okay.
Then we got into the room.
So my other two friends did pretty much AMAZING. The first ones voice cracked once, but she recovered from it fairly well. The second one went flat a couple of times, but again she recovered from it really well.
Then it was my turn.
I started singing. At first it was going okay, then my voice cracked-just once, and just for like a second. I was like "just keep going".
Then it cracked again.
"It's fine. Just keep going"
Then again. And again. And again.
At that point the Voice of Reason in my head started yelling "WRAP IT UP! WRAP IT UP! JUST GET IT OVER WITH!" And that's when I sped up a little too much. I totally was off from the music for about the next ten seconds, then I fixed it just in time for the end.
Ugh.
But the acting part went well.

Well no sense stressing about things I have zero control over, right?

There's always the next show...

Meh.

While I wallow in pain and self-pity, watch this video.


Damn, Tim Curry has terrific legs.

Oh well. The show probably won't be that good anyway. Rocky just isn't Rocky without Tim Curry in his fishnets and Patricia Quinn with her big hair and the lips that mouth "Science Fiction/Double Feature" and all the costumed freaks yelling the lines and throwing toast
(especially at the end when they yell "DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN'T USE YOUR PHONE?" XD And all the comments about the narrators neck?? And the REAL versions of "science fiction/double feature" and "Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch me" and "Eddie" which I won't even type here because it will surely freak out Jude? No. It just wouldn't be the same).
Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment