My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Radio edits!!!!! XD

Lol!!! I love radio edits :) I was listening to pandora and the radio edit version of "almost" by bowling for soup (remember when that song was on the radio like every five minutes? I was like nine when that song was popular. Ahh, those were the days :) ) its SOO DORKY!!!
here's how the real version goes:
I almost got drunk at school at 14
Where I almost made out with the homecoming queen
Who almost went on to be miss texas
But lost to a slut with much bigger breastes
Not exactly radio disney friendly, so heres how they edited it:
I almost got punked at school at 14
Where I almost got a hug from the homecoming queen
Who almost went on to be Miss Texas
But lost to a girl who sews her own dresses.

I mean, really???? thats the best they could come up with??? I am going to make a list of worst radio edits ever... once i hear enough really terrible ones. The ones ive heard arent bad enough to put on a list except for these three:
-"semi-charmed life" by Third Eye Blind radio edit where all they do is cut out the bridge, and none of the references to drugs or sex!! I mean, really, whats the point???
-"Almost" by bowling for soup radio disney edit (because all the other stations were like "f*** it im playing the real version") this was just like watching the TV edit of "Clueless" where they change all the swear words to other words. only seen it once, and when murray told dionne "I swear *blank spot where he should have said "to god"* woman, you can't drive for show!(where he should have just said shit)" I died a little inside because it was so lame.
-"Dont trust me" by 3oh!3 that they played on KDWB where they didnt even try to edit the words or bleep them out, they just cut that part out so there were all these blank spots in the song!!!!!! they did it to my favorite line:
"and tell you boyfriend, if he says hes got beef, that im a vegetarian and i ain't ________ scared of him"
WTF?????????? id have rather have them not play it at all than do that!!!!
they do the same thing in the so-called "clean" version of "my own worst enemy" by Lit, but thats like only two times in the whole song!!! for "dont trust me" they do it during the chorus:
"dont trust a ___
never trust a ___
dont trust a ___
dont trust me"
One time is understandable. but if its every time the chorus plays???? not cool!!!

There is one thing radio edits are good for: theyre fun to make fun of :)
I dont really get the point in shielding kids from swear words. I mean, when theyre like really little i get it -i dont swear in front of my friends 3 year old sister- but when they get older i dont see the point. my friend has a cousin who is thirteen years old, and if any of us swear in front of her, she tells her mom and then her mom b!tches us out. So obviously we try not to, and we never swear at her, but if she overhears us having a conversation and then tells her mom if we swear during it, thats reallllllllllyyyyyy obnoxious. plus, theyre gonna hear that stuff at school and stuff, so you cant keep them from hearing swear words forever.

In other news....
I wrote two more mitosis love sonnets. Theyre even lamer than the first one... and i have to read them to the class *groan* I will post them later when i feel like typing them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment