My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mitosis love sonnet

Yes, you read that correctly. I wrote a love sonnet. About mitosis.
It's for biology class, but I still feel like a total nerd for writing a freaking love sonnet about mitosis. Also, it's super cheesy.
But I'm posting it on here anyway.

Mitosis love sonnet
Our love is like mitosis of a cell.
We started out crazy like chromatin.
Then we met, and we got along so well.
We connected like a pair of chromatids.
We bonded like a cell in metaphase.
Then, I'm not sure how, something interfered.
Then we appeared to go through anaphase,
and, like spindle fibers, our spark disappeared.
So you ditched me to be with a centrosome,
but I don't care, 'cause I did the same thing.
You've changed into a different chromasome
Than I thought you were in the beginning.
Now I am a part of a new cell,
And I hope you, too, are doing well.

Believe it or not, that took me like an hour and a half. Writing sonnets is HARD!
And I have to write three more within the next two weeks :/ That was ust the first one. My rough draft is due Monday, which consists of one completed cell sonnet and outlines for the other three. I should have just re-written another Billy Joel song.
Too late to change my mind now :P
I seriously have a newfound respect for Shakespeare. The freak wrote 154 sonnets! I've only written two in my whole life-one about waffles which is too lame to post here, and then this one^-and I'm already like "NO MORE SONNETS!!!!" I don't want to write three more, much less 152 more! God, I would have lost my effing mind if I was him XP
Okay I'm done whining.
Anyways I have nothing else to say :P Byes!

1 comment: