My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Saturday, August 14, 2010

SATURDAY!!!!! :D

I don't know why but I feel compelled to make a list of...

Fun Facts About Minnesota!
-Prince, Winona Ryder, Bob Dylan, Judy Garland, and Charles Shultz (creator of the Peanuts characters) are all from Minnesota.
-The song "Funkytown" is written about Minneapolis.
-"The Mary Tyler Moore show" takes place in the Kenwood neighborhood in Minnesota.
-3M is a Minnesota company (creators of scotch tape, masking tape, post-its... anything adhesive basically)
-Chanhassen dinner theatre is the largest dinner theatre in the country
-both "the lion king" and more recently "the Scottsborrow boys" premiered at the Guthrie theatre before going on to Broadway.
-Downtown Minneapolis's skyway system connects 5 miles of downtown, making it possible to live, eat, work and shop without going outside. (very convenient in the witer. I once went an entire winter without going outside when i was little (: )
-Minnesota has 90,000 miles of shoreline, more than California, Florida and Hawaii combined.
-The first open heart surgery and the first bone marrow transplant in the United States were done at the University of Minnesota.
-The stapler was invented in Spring Valley.
-Spam! Austin Minnesota. there is a Spam museum there. (gag me with a spoon)

:D Cool!!! I'm liking my hometown a lot more now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment