My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Monday, June 27, 2011

PRIDE WEEKEND!


So this weekend was pride weekend in Minneapolis. So Rocky Horror was especially awesome on Saturday night because beforehand they were talking about gay pride and whatnot :)

So in the spirit of Pride weekend, I thought I would share one of my favorite pictures of all time :)

Is that not the greatest thing ever?

So anyway, here's how my weekend went:

FRIDAY!
On friday, I hung out with my friend with the big fluffy hair (it has fully grown out so it is big and fluffy again! YAY!). I encountered several foreign people at the bus stop on the way there, my favorite being the Russian lady because she had an awesome accent and she was totally reading my shirt which happened to be in Russian (it said "big brother is watching you" and has all sorts of awesome pictures of creepers staring out at you). Here's how our very brief conversation went...
Me: excuse me, ma'am, do you know when the next 12 bus comes?
her: oh, I no understand, I Russian.
Me: oh okay. Thanks!

But she had a really epic accent :D

So I ended up spending about $7 on subway and gummy bears that day, but it was still fun :)

SATURDAY!
ROCKY HORROR NIGHT BIZNATCH! First I had family obligations and church obligations to attend, then my wonderful friend Zoe Who came over, and we got our fishnets and make-up on and went to Rocky Horror :) Now, for all you virgins who don't know what we do at rocky, there's a line where Brad Majors (ASSHOLE) yells "GREAT SCOTT!" and everyone throws toilet paper. Well tonight, EVERYONE brought toilet paper, so Zoe and I were absolutely COVERED in it, and on the walk home we were still all tangled up in it. But we decided to leave it on because, as Zoe so bluntly put it, "It shows people that we were at Rocky, and we're not jut walking around in fishnets like hookers." Being Saturday night in uptown, there were A LOT of drunk people. Here's a summary of our encounters with drunk people...

drunk guy on corner (yelling into space): IIIII'MM DRUUUNK!!!!
Zoe and I walk by him, and stop to wait for the "walk" sign.
drunk guy )pointing at us): T.P.! You guys got T.P.'d!
Zoe: no, we were at Rocky horror.
drunk guy: "rock the chord?"
zoe and I both: ROCKY HORROR!!!
drunk guy: oh... I don't know what that is...
us: well it's really fun! last saturday of every month at the uptown theatre. you should go.
dunk guy: okay! :)
us: well, the light changed, so we're gonna go...
drunk guy: BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*about 4 blocks later, we're walking on one side of the street and on the other side are two guys and two girls. The girls were very intoxicated but the guys seemed reasonably sober. my friend Zoe made a prediction that the guys had enabled the girls intoxication in order to fornicate with them-or, as Zoe put it, "they probably got them drunk so they could fuck them"*

wasted girls: OMG MUMMIES!!!!!
drunk girl 1: oh my god is it your birthday?
zoe and i: no.
drunk girl 2: is it your bachelorette party?
me:...yes

then the sleazy guys brought them to an appartment.
Zoe and I went home and CRASHED!!!!!

SUNDAY!
parade day :) zoe woke me up by going "EZRA!" in my ear :P
so we went to the parade and watched it, and ran into my friend molly, and hung out at the park where all the pride stuff was going on. Then we were going to go home when we ran into my friend Tommy (TOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Here's the thing about Tommy: no matter what, you can't not love Tommy. EVERYONE loves Tommy, partly because he is so adorable that you just want to hug him, and partly because he's super friendly. So what did we, three 16-year-olds loose in downtown, do with the rest of our day? We got chipotle, walked around the lake, and made a blanket for at my house :)

MONDAY!
I was still super tired from Sunday (we walked EVERYWHERE) so I took a nap that lasted about 5 hours. And I made $40 for a duct tape purse :)

TODAY! (early on tuesday morning)
today I have plans with my friend Molly and I really should be getting to bed. Plus this post is long and boring enough. so goodnight everybody! Happy pride weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment