My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Power Outage of 2011

When it's wayyy in the future and the technological advances that we have made has made inconveniences like power outages obsolete, and doctors have cured EVERYTHING including death and aging, and I'm still young and hot even though I'm around 120 years old and I'm talking to my great-great-grandkids, even though I won't have aged at all, I'll act like a hunched over old person and say with a minnesota accent "whin I wuz yer ayge..." and they'll have no clue what I'm talking about because they've never seen an elderly person, but they'll listen to me anyway, and I'll tell stories about what it was lie back in the year 2011, and one of the stories I'll tell is the time me and their great-great-auntie and their great-great-great-grandma had a power outage...

It was a bright and sunny day. It was 102 degrees in Minneapolis-I remember the exact temperature because I checked what the weather was like in Miami on my ipod (ipods are one of those old gizmos that you youngsters dont have now in 2113, but back in my day they were a big deal), and it was only 85 degrees in Miami (we used to measure in farenheit back then it would be around 30 degrees celsius in Miami and 39 degrees in Minneapolis!), and i ahd spent the whole day at the beach with my friend Zoe. I was starting to get all tan and stuff, and then I came home and the air conditioning was going full blast and it was great, I was watching old cartoons (even old to me at that time, like 1990s old-now don't get that look on your faces, I was born in 1995. it's not THAT old), there was this one called "Hey Arnold!" and it was one of my favorite shows... oh look at me going off on a tangent. Where was I? Oh, right. I was hanging out there in the coo air, and all of a sudden the air and the TV turned off! And the internet was out too. The big thing back then was Facebook, which I'll explain to you youngsters later, but I couldn't check my Facebook at the time, and it was very annoying ot me, and I couldn't help wonder "what in the world did people do back in the 1800s when there was never power?" And I figured they sewed their own clothes and made their own candles out of beezwax and made their own food over a fire-see? I'm not that old-and stuff like that, but I didnt need to do any of that, so I just went to sleep.

Well, that was a mistake because when I woke up the sun was going down and the power was still out. It was getting dark so I wouldn't even be able to read pretty soon. So me and great-great-great-grandma Alli decided to go to the store to buy us some candles and flashlights. Well we open the door to the hallway of our appartment building, and it's pitch black, and suddenly we hear a voice way down at the end of the hall making ghost noises like "woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!" It was probably just one of our neighbors being obnoxious, but me and your great-great-great-grandma Alli SCREAMED and great-great-great-grandma went back for our stun gun, and we RAN down the hall and out to the car, and te whole way there you great-great-great grandma was talking to me about zombie apocalypses and ninja attacks and vampires and the end of the world and things like that... it wasn't exactly comforting.

But finally we went and got our candles and our flashlights and it's dark out and me and your great-great-auntie Freya are on the bed watching old episodes of Veronica mars-which is a show you young whippersnappers wouldn't know a gal dang thing about, but I'll try to show you an episode later because it was quite good- and your great-great-auntie was singing this song by this irritating girl who was in back in my time-what was her name? Keresha? Klemesha? oh, yeah, Ke$sha. She spelled it with a dollar sign for an "s"... and she claimed to wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy, who's another person you youngsters wouldn't know about, but I will have to show you all these things later... oh what's that you say? finish the story? oh okay.. where was I this time, oh, yes, I was with your great-great-auntie, and suddenly we hear voices outside, and our neighbors are out in the parking lot and asking us to come out and chat with them. So we go outside and talk for a little while, then me and great-great-auntie Freya decide to lie down on the hood of my car-I had the best car, I named him Antione, he was what back in my day they would have called "a sweet ride", or maybe even a "pimpin'" ride...-and we was lookin at them starts and singng songs that you all have never heard and looking for constillations (we saw the big dipper), and suddenly we see a shooting star! Would you believe that, I've never seen a shooting star before and we were on the outskirts of the city, and it's so dark because there are no lights on and we see a shooting star! It was amazing, and I was just thinking "maybe not having power isn't so bad... and then all at once the streetlights come on and we can hear our air conditioner "woosh"-ing from the open windows in our appartment, and the powers back on. Not gonna lie-I was so glad to have lights again. It's like the feeling you get when you're out camping and you come back and you're like "civilization AT LAST!". Yeah that was a good feeling... but man, I'm glad I got to see that shooting star... first one I ever seen, it was so pretty...






yeah... I imagine it will go something like that when I tell my great-great-grandkids about stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment