My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Word of the day: scandalous

I'm reading the great gatsby in English.
I like it because he uses a lot of good words (the alternate word of the day was "superscilious" because I learned it from that book).
I hate it because I hate all the characters and everything they standfor, and I hate the story too.
Rich people always make me think of the word "scandalous"
a great gatsby-ish example:
"Daisy found Tom and Myrtle doing WHAT in the coat closet at the Buchanan's dinner party?!? Scandalous!!!!"

if only that type of thing would actually happen in that book... It's actually pretty boring. Really boring. Extravagantly boring. It's all about snobby rich people. Except nick. I kind of like nick. At least, I can stand him a little more than daisy, Jordan, Myrtle and especially Tom. I hate Tom so much. He's such a dick, flaunting his affair in front of everyone, not caring if daisy finds out because he knows she's too scared of him to do anything, breaking Myrtle's nose because she said daisy's name... Myrtle the mistress, daisy the divorcee (at least if to
wasn't so scary she would be), Tom the tool, nick the narrator... And gatsby the great. I don't quite see what's so great about gatsby. But then again, I skipped ch. 1 because I was reading flatland (such a weird book... It's soo good!!!!!!).
I drew the billboard with dr. T. J. Eckleberg's eyes on it and in thinking about making a copy of it for my English teacher.

Oh speaking of which, I met with an art/Spanish teacher from my middle school today (ms. Elissa... Jude knows her) and asked her for feedback on my drawings. She teaches at MCAD too so I thought shed be a good person to talk to... She said I should look into illustration (like for stories and stuff) because thats kind of what I do-drawings inspired by scenes in books, lines in sings, movies... She also mentioned graphic design, which has always sounded like fun to me. She had a lot of good advice. She also recommended that I start trying to draw from life instead of memory or still lifes or whatever. She said start by doodling my hand when I'm just sitting there bored... She said it always looks awful at first but that it's a good thing to try and do... She said a lit of stuff and I won't write it all down here, but the point is it was pretty cool :)
ok now I am going to bed. Goodnight everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment