My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Sunday, July 10, 2011

WTF MOM? Quote of the day.

So today when I came home from the wonderful Jude Rosenberg's house, I decided to try and make an omlette again. Of course, I failed miserably (I am especially bad at the folding part, and at best they taste ok. Normally I'm good at cooking. But I threw it away and ate a free bagel instead, so it's all good). I said something like "*sigh...* maybe I should try mKing a frittata instead" (which is like am omlette but not folded). And my mom SPAZZED. She said "no you will NOT be mKing any frittatas!). I was like "...do you even know what a frittata IS?". And she said "well no... But it doesn't sound like the kind of thing you should be doing!". :P. Whatever, I used free-range eggs and everything.

While I'm here, who's good at making omlettes? I just can't get them right! Today's was especially bad. The ingredients were fine-cheese and mushrooms-but I couldn't even finish it! The egg wasn't cooked all the way in the middle and the outside was a little burnt and even though I put the tiniest amount of cheese imaginable in it, it seemed like way too much cheese. And I only used two eggs, but I had a really hard time folding it. Last time I figured it was bad because I didn't put milk in the eggs (cuz I didn't have any) but this time I DID use milk (because the Internet told me they taste better that way) and it was even worse!!!

THINGS THAT I CAN COOK, AND COOK REALLY WELL:
-all things involving pasta
-soup
-rice in many forms (including risotto, and it's hard to make good risotto!)
-any kind of sandwich
-chocolate chip cookies
-COFFEE! (not cooking, but still)
-garlic bread
-ravioli
-the best spaghetti sauce ever
-pizza bagels
-tortilla pizzas (think a quesadilla and a pizza combined. Learned it at camp)
-English muffins for breakfast (with all sorts of exciting things on them)
-hash browns (with or without cheese)
-baked potatoes
-mashed potatoes
-homemade hummus
-homemade tortillas
...the list goes on!

THINGS I HAVE NEVER SUCCESSFULLY MADE:
-omlettes

WHAT IS THE SECRET?????

...

In other news, dr horrible is AMAZING, I got stuck in an elevator yesterday, I also received free bagels yesterday, urban bean coffee SUCKS, hipster clams, songifying app....

PLANET OF THE DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to finish my free bagel. Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I so can't wait to write the script for the trailer for 'Planet of the Ducks'!!!

    I wish I could help with your omlette problem, but I'm not much of an egg person myself. I'm utter crap at anything regarding eggs unless they're scrambled! I'll keep my eyes peeled for recipes though.

    Your smoke alarm didn't go off this time? It's a miracle!

    ReplyDelete