My life, soundtrack and all :)

this is the closest you will come to understanding how my mind works :)

Friday, May 13, 2011

MUSIC TIME!!!

I feel like posting some songs and writing things about them!!!

ok so this song is by CCR and its about getting drafted during the vietnam war and how rich kids never ever got drafted because college kids never got drafted and the only people who could afford to go to college were rich kids. Also, this song was recorded in 1969, and the lead singer of CCR, John Fogerty, is STILL touring and recording music and stuff. I'm into older music, but the sucky thing about that is you can never see the bands you like in concert if they're all senile or dead. Or even if the bands still together and a few key members have died (Queen without Freddie Mercury, The Dead without Jerry, etc.) then it just doesnt feel the same...
anyway, here's Fortunate Son!


I know I JUST said i like old music and this is an extremely new song, I still like it :) I like Bruno Mars (except for that "I would catch a grenade for you" song... too co-dependent for my taste... but i like the rest of his songs) and one day I was waking up and I really didn't feel like getting out of bed and this song was the first song i heard which made me happy and like "OMG the radio read my mind!" So here's The Lazy Song!
the actual music video is really weird so im just gonna put one with lyrics up (the reason that i didnt put up a real music video for fortunate son is because since it was written in 1969, there is no real video :P)


and because i think this song is cute and i like the video too, here's "just the way you are" by him too :)


Okay now THIS is something I FREAKED OUt over because it is combining two of my favorite artists ever, Elvis Costello and Billie Joe Armstrong! Yes Elvis Costello is like 57 now but he's still the freaking bomb! This is the two of them singing "alison" by Elvis Costello.


okay, now who doesn't love maroon 5? I mean seriously, even the biggest music snobs I know love maroon 5. Though this music video is pretty boring because the band is just standing there playing the song, its still a good song. I won't go home without you:


And I will end with some Michael Jackson! He may have been a freak, but he was so talented! his videos are always EPIC because of his amazing dancing! I wanted to post "the way you make me feel" because its so catchy, but that ones a bit suggestive, so i settled on "billie jean" instead. enjoy!


Have a good night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment